Sign up for The Copernicus Hackathon & Climathon
- – The Climathon, focusing on Climate change and supported by Climate-KIC as part of the global event (104 cities, 45 countries)
- – The Copernicus Hackathon, Focusing on the use of satellite images to meet those climate challenges, supported and labelled by the European Commission
The objective of this event is to foster the emergence of new ideas and the creation of start-ups. To win the competition, the teams will have to deliver in 24 hours innovative solutions with high growth potential, using satellite data to fight climate changes.
Come and Fight Climate changes with us
Who can join?: Everyone above 18 and resident of EU Member States, including Norway and Iceland.
Cost: Participation is free of charge. Meals will be provided for the whole duration of the event.
Alone or as a team: It’s up to you. If you are alone we’ll play the matchmaker to help you out to find a team. Ideal teams have 3-5 members with a mix of relevant skills in Business, Climate and Space.
What if I’m not a space or climate scientist?
Don’t worry ! Come as you are 🙂 You just need to be an enthusiastic and passionate. By the way, did you know, that mutidiscipliary teams usually create the best solutions ?
Why should I join?
Want to meet inspiring and like-minded people with innovative ideas in an enthusiastic atmosphere ?
Want to enhance your skills and learn others ?
Want to create solutions that can lead to the development of an actual startup.
Output and Selection Criteria
Ownership: Participants will own the intellectual property rights to all the business concepts and developments made during the Copernicus Hackathon & Climathon.
Selection Criteria : A selection board will be appointed to select the most promissing project at the end of the Hackathon. The solutions presented will be evalutated based on the following evaluation criteria:
- – Relevance to the hackathon topic – Weigth : 25 %
- – Interest of the project (Is the project innovative ?) Does it create value for the users ? Is it feasible technically ?) – Weight : 50%
- – Quality of the team (technical and business expertise, understanding of the thematic arean commitmnet to the project) – Weight 25 -%
Copernicus Hackathon & Climathon Prizes
– Copernicus Hackathon & Climathon Prize: a seat at the Copernicus Accelerator to develop your project
– CNES Prize: support by the Earth Observation Laboratory and climate experts from CNES
– AIRBUS Prize: a premium and personalized image from space
– Business Prize: support by our local business partners for the project development
– Climate Prize: travel fees to the Climathon national finale in Paris on November 22th
– Nouvelle-Aquitaine Prize: support of a project as part of the regional Neo Terra roadmap [only in Bordeaux]
And for all participants, you will for sure be spoiled during the event: goodies, great food and tons of fun are waiting for you!
Warm Up Event
Dedicated for fun activities and Team Bulding, the Warm-up event will be held also at Epitech in all three cities, on October 14th from 17h to 19h!
We highly recommend you take a look at the Data Tools presentation videos before you attend the warm-up.
A 24 hours event to invent solution to fight climate changes with satelites data. During the event, the team will be supported by
- Business Coaches
- Climate Experts
- Space Experts
The event starts on Friday 25th of October at 1pm and ends on on Saturday 26th of October at 6pm.
The Warm-up event and Copernicus Hacathon & Climathon will both be held at Epitech in all three cities! check out the addresses below.
The Copernicus Hackathon & Climathon Challenges
Do I need an idea? Just your inspiration is required! You can also join others with an idea.
What if I have an idea? That’s a good start and you will develop your idea further with experts’ advice and other team members.
Be clear on one point: the demonstration of your solution needs to be based on a software program which is developed “from scratch” so don’t work too much on your idea before the event! Just keep in mind the expected output should go beyond mere concept presentations.
Urban Soft Mobility
Think of freindly mobility solutions, services and adequate infrastructure so citizens can reach business location without needing a car!
Find and map sources of renewable Energy to help citizens, companies and public places better manage their Energy consumption!
Help us find solutions for a more efficient urban developpement and expansion that preserves as much green spaces as possible!
Climate and Health
Can we provide alerts for upcoming or ongoing epidemics and map them to prevent citizens attending specific places?
New Climate Risks
How can we bring reliable information for a new climate risk managenement model that enhances Citizen participation, city commitment and opportunities for economic actors?
Urban Heat Sources
How can we best identify and manage urban heat islands and sources in our cities?
How to make use of satellite tracking technology and Earth observation to help protect endangered species from extinction?
Green Travel Routes
Is there any way of reducing the environemental impact of maritime and air transport through the use of space data and tools?
Take a closer look at all the challenges here!
Copernicus Hackathon & Climathon are implemented by
Copernicus Hackathon & Climathon is organized by
The Copernicus Hackathon & Climathon Partners
You too can take part in this event by supporting us! download our Sponsor Pack here.